Acquisition of Personal InformationDRC will acquire the customer’s personal information by lawful and fair means that comply with laws and regulations.
Handling of Personal InformationDRC shall comply with laws and other regulations related to handling of personal information in order to handle personal information properly. DRC will clarify the regulations related to the handling of personal information and thoroughly inform employees. DRC will also request proper handling to outsourcing parties handling personal information.
Purpose of Use of Personal InformationIn order to provide the customer with more high-quality services and publications, DRC may request the customer personal information such as name, e-mail address, occupation, place of work, job title, date of birth, sex, address, telephone number, etc. The personal information provided by the customer will be used solely for the following purposes. If there is a necessity to use any personal information provided by the customer beyond the scope of the following purposes, we will notify the customer and make necessary procedures;
- To provide our information distribution service to the customer who has registered for DRC’s service.
- To deal with customer’s inquiries or requests.
- To provide and/or suggest information on the products and services provided by DRC by means such as direct marketing and telemarketing etc.
- To introduce magazines, books, seminars, and events, etc. and conduct questionnaire surveys etc.
- To provide information to advertisers of the ad placed on DRC’s media or the seller of the product introduced on DRC’s media according to the “Use of Personal Information and Disclosure / Provision to Third Parties” shown below.
- To analyze the use of services by the customer, develop new services and improve existing services.
- To personalize content and advertisements based on attributes such as occupation, type of business, age, title, etc. or browsing history on DRC’s media.
- To facilitate communication between customers and companies and organizations that are providers of IT-related products and services included in the information posted on our media.
Management and Protection of Personal InformationIn order to provide reasonable safety measures against risks such as unauthorized access to personal information, leakage, loss, damage, etc. of personal information, DRC will consistently devote any management resources that is in accordance with the actual situation of the business and continually upgrade and/or improve the security system of personal information. Also, in the event of an accident such as leakage of personal information, DRC will take action quickly and correspondingly.
- Based on the provisions of laws and regulations.
- In the case of providing to advertisers etc. based on customer’s request for information, inquiries, etc.
- When the customer has requested documents or inquired about the advertisement appeared in DRC’s media.
- When the customer viewed details of the advertisement/advertiser on DRC’s media.
- When the customer viewed details of products appeared in DRC’s media.
Shared Use of Personal InformationDRC may share personal information of the customer within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use with DRC’s group companies such as companies and affiliates in parent-subsidiary relationship with DRC. The scope and the purpose of use of personal information to be shared are the same as described in the “Purpose of Use of Personal Information” article above. In addition, the person responsible for administration in the shared use shall be DRC. For specific inquiries, please contact here.
Inquiries, Corrections, Deletions of Information and Suspension of Information Provision to Third PartiesThe customer can contact DRC regarding disclosure of personal information about him/herself (notification/disclosure of purpose of use, correction/addition/deletion of contents of personal information, suspension or elimination of use of personal information, and suspension of information provision to third parties such as advertisers) at DRC’s contact specified below. In such cases, DRC will respond within a reasonable period upon identity confirmation of the customer. Please also contact us regarding complaints and consultations concerning DRC’s handling of personal information at the contact information below. In addition, in the case where the customer has stopped or eliminated the use of personal information or conducted the procedure to suspend the provision of advertisers etc. to a third party, the customer may not be able to use all or part of the services provided by DRC. In addition, in the case where the customer has stopped or eliminated the use of personal information or conducted the procedure to suspend the provision of advertisers etc. to a third party, the customer may not be able to use all or part of the services provided by DRC.
Outsourcing of Information ProcessingWhen consigning handling of personal information, DRC assigns outsourcers who are compliant with DRC’s expected protection level of personal information and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of outsourcing partners so that safety management can be planned.
About Behavioral Targeting ADsDRC provides “behavioral targeting advertisements” that deliver advertisements that are considered to be more useful according to the interests and interests of our customer.
・Information UsedIn order to provide behavioral targeting advertisements, DRC uses “cookies” to obtain and use information on websites that have been browsed by the customer, date and time browsed, information on products or services displayed or searched, etc., uses information such as gender and age entered by the customer when registering, but DRC do not use information that can identify any specific individual. The maximum period of use of information used to provide behavioral targeting advertisements is “1 year”.
・Disabling Behavioral Targeting ADsCustomer who does not wish to receive behavioral targeting advertisement can set the display to be disabled by the following methods. Even after being disabled, regular ADs that are not based on behavioral targeting will be displayed.
[Disabling Method]If the customer wishes to stop such advertisement distribution, the settings can be changed by the customer on the opt-out pages below;
Google opt-out page
Yahoo! opt-out page
Facebook opt-out page
Ninonbashi Wakamatsu Bldg. 7F 3-3-6 Nihonbashi Honcho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0023 Japan